Dance music from the Netherlands usually takes one of two forms: the stadium-sized trance of Tiesto and Armin van Buuren or the dirty Dutch sound popularized by Afrojack and Chuckie. For whatever reason, some of the most mainstream electronic dance music originates from the land of tulips and windmills. For those of us who like our electronic music deeper, darker, and served up with more bass, there is a Dutchman to the rescue.
Мишка is proud to present Keep Watch Vol. XXIX, curated by none other than Bart B More. Bart van der Meer (the B More moniker has nothing to do with Baltimore) has been making a name for himself with his techno-electro house bangers for a few years now, from the engine-revving “Brap” to the gypsy swing of “Romane.” His remixes – for artists like Chocolate Puma, Drop the Lime, and Crookers – consistently tear up the Beatport charts. Whether you know it or not, you’ve definitely danced to one of his tracks. Accordingly, this hour-long mix shows that the Netherlands exports more than music for fist pumps and glow sticks.
The mix is bookended by a pair of tracks that tell you everything you need to know about Bart B More’s sound. First up is the orchestral house of “Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens” by Carte Blanche, the duo comprised of Riton and DJ Mehdi (the mix was completed before Mehdi’s untimely death). Bart closes shop with a stellar rave-throwback, “The Bass,” his second collaboration with Trouble and Bass founder Drop the Lime (after his remix of DTL’s “Sex Sax”). Bart B More may be Dutch, but his sound is pure NYC, from deep house grooves to even deeper bass waves. Keep watch, America; you can catch him as he wraps up his fall tour in Sacramento, San Francisco, and Detroit this weekend. Head after the jump for the full tracklist.
Мишка Presents Keep Watch Vol. XXIX: Bart B More
1. Carte Blanche – Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens
2. Light Year – 5 Girls (Harvard Bass Remix)
3. Jean Nipon/Dem Slackers – Rosso (TWR72 Remix) w/ Let’s Go Accapella
4. Goose – Synrise (Mumbai Science Remix)
5. Baskerville – Devil’s Town (RipTide Remix)
6. Baskerville – Devil’s Town (Bart B More Remix)
7. Shinichi Osawa & Paul Chambers – Singapore Madness
8. Altern 8 – Frequency (Djedjotronic Remix)
9. ZDRLT – Rewind
10. Jan Driver – Raveyard
11. Bart B More & Tommie Sunshine – Bodywork
12. Thomas Bangalter – What To Do
13. Bart B More – Traction
14. Nobody Beats the Drum – Poisson Vert (TWR72 Remix)
15. Bart B More & Felix Cartal – Untitled
16. Bart B More – Glow
17. Bart B More & Drop The Lime – The Bass